Poll: Is the share bar an annoyance for members?

how do you feel about displaying the share bar For members

• I don't mind it.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the share bar to the right side.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
In reference to visiting dtvusaforum.com, is the share bar on the left of your screen which provides means to easily share posts on various social networks an annoyance?

I'm going to open the poll for a week or so, please vote and/or leave some feedback.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
I suggest for now it should remain and on the left side away from the scroll-barside but higher up. It its used a lot and encourages more visitors here, its worth keeping. If it isn't used much, its not worth keeping.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
How hard would it be to have it on by default but make an option for me to hide it for myself whenever I'm logged in?

- Trip
Good call Trip. It's easy for me to hide the bar from members, but making it option that members can turn on or off requires a bit more research for me. Will look into and see what I can do.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'm not sure what the backend code for DTVUSA looks like, but I know on RabbitEars in PHP, code to do that would be something like this:

if ($user->doesnt_want_bar == 1) continue;
else { //bar goes here! }

Then just put an option on my user account page to modify the "doesnt_want_bar" field in the database, defaulting to a value of 0 when a user signs up.

Not sure if that helps you at all.

- Trip