Post Transition Reception

Aversion

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Do I bet on the roof antenna I have now for post transition (two of my local stations are upping wattage June 12th) which pixelates every 2-3 hours on some channels?? Or do I buy something else now? Decisions decisions :confused:

Our antenna is on the second story of our house attached to the far side of the chimney so it's not something I look forward to if I have to upgrade the antenna. I was going to get a rotator but the type of antenna that I have is definitely not built for one. :confused:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Do I bet on the roof antenna I have now for post transition (two of my local stations are upping wattage June 12th) which pixelates every 2-3 hours on some channels?? Or do I buy something else now? Decisions decisions :confused:

Our antenna is on the second story of our house attached to the far side of the chimney so it's not something I look forward to if I have to upgrade the antenna. I was going to get a rotator but the type of antenna that I have is definitely not built for one. :confused:
What type of antenna do you currently have? Most people already have a UHF/VHF antenna and have no need to change or upgrade.

If all your stations are in the same direction, and not much degrees apart, you may not really need a rotator. Grab a compass and print out your tv fool page, read the orientations and aim correctly. Have someone down by the tv to tell you if everything is ok.

If the majority of the stations cluster is in the same direction, (say within 2 or 3 degrees apart) you might only need to aim once and then keep it nice and tight so it doesn't sway.

Last edited:

Thomas G

Contributor
According to TVFool, I'm 42 miles from broadcast stations but they're spread around me. This isn't good.
Nah, you should be fine with the antenna on your roof. I think Aaron asked a good question on your setup, what is the distance that the coax runs from your antenna to your TV? Are you using a preamp?