pre-amp for HD7694P

fritz75

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I bought a Wineguard HD7694P. We are approx 125 above sea level and the antenna is on a 5' pole on a 2 story house. Reception is pretty good.

I went for the "45 mile" antenna as we are just shy of 30 mile from the ESB for NY network TV broadcast. Perhaps I should have bought the HD7697.
In any case, CBS is a little light sometimes.

The antenna is split at the antenna to 2 coax feeding 2 TVs, each approx 50' downstream of the out side split.

I'm thinking of putting a pre to boast for CBS as well as to split to a OTA DVR (Tablo or Silicon Dust) on one TV. And a 2nd split (if it works) for the other TV if the antenna might also get FM.

Though I know the best bet is a pre at the antenna, might I have any success with the splits at the 2 TVs?

Zephar

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I bought a Wineguard HD7694P. We are approx 125 above sea level and the antenna is on a 5' pole on a 2 story house. Reception is pretty good.

I went for the "45 mile" antenna as we are just shy of 30 mile from the ESB for NY network TV broadcast. Perhaps I should have bought the HD7697.
In any case, CBS is a little light sometimes.

The antenna is split at the antenna to 2 coax feeding 2 TVs, each approx 50' downstream of the out side split.

I'm thinking of putting a pre to boast for CBS as well as to split to a OTA DVR (Tablo or Silicon Dust) on one TV. And a 2nd split (if it works) for the other TV if the antenna might also get FM.

Though I know the best bet is a pre at the antenna, might I have any success with the splits at the 2 TVs?
Your just going to add noise. You need to add the pre-amp at the antenna to get the benefit. the Rg6 line is going to degrade what you have and you will be blowing up that worse signal with noise. Think of it like taking a copy of a bad copy. You want the best quality copy to take a copy of.