Premium Movie HD Channel Lineup - XFinity

Hello Comcast -

I was a Frontier Communications FiOS Cable customer for the last 5 years, and I switched to Comcast based mostly on the fact that my wife and I moved to an area in Everett where Frontier does not service Internet, and DirectTV is over-priced.

Overall, the pricing and experience favors Comcast so far. However, the most agregious descrepency is what I wanted to ask about today: Lack of HD Premimum Movie Channels.

As you can see from the list below, other competors offer a vastly larger amount of HD Premium Movie Channels (HBO, Cinemax, TMC, Starz, Encore). Comcast has all of these channels available in SD, however there is no HD option.

Could you please offer an explanation of why these Premium Movie Channels are not offered in HD as well? This would be very crucial to our decision to stick with Comcast after our 1 year contract expires.

Total HD Premimum Movie Channels -

Frontier - 30
Direct TV - 35
Comcast - 8 (31 SD Premium Movie Channels)

Thank you very much for your time.

This question, "Premium Movie HD Channel Lineup," is about XFinity-Comcast TV channels, programming, and sports.

For other news regarding Premium Movie HD Channel Lineup, and XFinity - Comcast cable tv services, see the recommended stories below.