President: 4G Wireless Access to 98% of Americans Within Five Years

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
98% of Americans with access to 4G they will have to pay for, and 0% with access to OTA TV. And absolutly no communications in a disaster. What a bargain!

Wireless is NOT our "savior". It's just that internet providers like it better than running out those messy, expensive cables and fiber that are way superior than wireless. WIRES and FIBER are the solution to broadband access.

And in the end, I know I WILL end up subsidizing "do-nothings" for free or reduced price internet, because, you know, internet access is a right after all, and hey, pimps, hookers, welfare mothers, bookies, and drug dealers are all big wireless users and they help grow the economy. I'm not sure how, but I AM sure big for sale government has all the answers.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I suspect most of S. Korea is hard wired. It's not a big country, and their speeds seem awefully high to be wireless.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Which, I think is my point. This wireless broadband plan has one purpose and one purpose only, to kill off OTA TV so the telecos and cable companies don't have to compete with digital OTA HD and mobile. One more reason to vote against Obama in 2012. All you poor people, especially you poor African American people, Obama has never been one of you, throw him out like the piece of rich white trash he really is.

n2rj

Staff member
South Korea is mostly fiber, but they aren't that big of a country.

We can bring decent broadband to everybody here, wired too. We don't need to make a new fiber network from scratch either. DOCSIS3 is showing plenty of promise over existing HFC cable networks. They're currently testing 1.4 GBps over cable.

We can bring decent broadband to everybody here, wired too. We don't need to make a new fiber network from scratch either. DOCSIS3 is showing plenty of promise over existing HFC cable networks. They're currently testing 1.4 GBps over cable.
I'm happy to hear that. We just upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem last year and are hitting 15MB downloads for only $50 a month. I'm happy with it, but can't wait until prices come down on the 25MB package. I wonder if we'll see 500MB option by next year at a decent price?

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member

Something will have to be built. There are plenty of areas of the country that don't have any existing cable networks unless you count POTS.

- Trip

Last edited: