Press select to restart.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
Has anyone noticed the notice "Press select to start from the beginning" on certain channels and shows? I never had that before and was wondering if I am going crazy or not!

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I think this has something to do with Video on demand services. Careful you might get charged for selecting start. Call your provider and ask them about this before doing so.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I think this has something to do with Video on demand services. Careful you might get charged for selecting start. Call your provider and ask them about this before doing so.
I think you're right, my uncle has Time Waner with a DVR, but he uses on demand services more than the DVR. I think it's because he's too lazy to take the time to set up a season pass on the DVR. LOL.

Yeah DO NOT press select...it will charge you and that is the last thing that you want. But yeah, I would definitely call your provider and see if they could either remove that one feature or something. I don't know why it would show up at random times though.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I didn't know that. It seems like it happens on certain shows and channels that I've noticed so far. Cartoon Network and A & E seem the two it happens most frequently. I watch shows on the free channels, but it's weird because these show up as soon as the program begins. I will call to check on that. Thanks!

teresa

DTVUSA Member
The press select to start from the beginning is offered on certain channels only. It keeps you from having to pre-record everything you want to watch. On a DVR though, if you go to a channel and hit the button, it will start at the beginning of the show but it won't let you fast forward through the commercials.