Prices

Have your prices gone up for your service? Mine keep fluctuating drastically. 2 months ago my bill was $65, last month it was $70 and now it's $75...and it wasn't like I ordered movies or anything this past month. I hate how they can't lock you in for a price for a full year and then after the year you sign something so then you are locked in for another year...that's just wishful thinking, I know.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Ooh, that doesn't sound good. I'd give your service provider a call to find out what's going on? My roommate and I pay about $75 a month for TV, and our bill has increased by 3-4% a year for the past two or three years. The only time our bill fluctuates, is when we get the yearly increase. hehe.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Have you ever questioned why your bill is going up when the price of these technologies is going down. I'd drop Direct TV if mine was that expensive. I'm not living my life and using my productive capacity to make anyone but myself rich.

Yeah I am going to call them...but I just got my bill for this month and it dropped back down to $60....and I don't want to drop directv...my boyfriend and I split everything so I only have pay that and he pays the internet and phone bill...but it's one of the only cable providers in my area that has good service.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I have everything bundled together with Verizon, so you have to always check the entire bill for changes. I have called them a couple of times to go over my actual charges to make sure I'm getting every possible discount.

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Hi, I also have Direct TV. I would recommend calling them and explaining your pricing concerns. They have actually given me a $10 credit a month for the next year. They also run promotions for free previews of Stars, HBO, etc. Every once in a while, I will call and ask what promotions they are currently running. We are currently enjoying three free months of HBO, Stars and Encore.

They told me they actually have a new policy where they actually appreciate the customers they have. I have heard of people going back and forth between the satellite companies and cable, depending on the current promotions.

Hi, I also have Direct TV. I would recommend calling them and explaining your pricing concerns. They have actually given me a $10 credit a month for the next year. They also run promotions for free previews of Stars, HBO, etc. Every once in a while, I will call and ask what promotions they are currently running. We are currently enjoying three free months of HBO, Stars and Encore.

They told me they actually have a new policy where they actually appreciate the customers they have. I have heard of people going back and forth between the satellite companies and cable, depending on the current promotions.
That's so funny you say that, because my brother is a big DirecTV fan, and he always brags about calling them up and getting a good deal. hehe

You have to use any means to bargain with these big companies. I've only heard great things about Direct and their prices, but.....you always have to watch when they have offers, because they rarely offer anything to their existing customers.

Last edited:

djs

DTVUSA Member
I have found not only with Direct TV, but with other communication companies it does pay to call them every once and awhile about your service and your bill. It shouldn't be this way, but they do offer specials when you question them.