Problem with converter after installation (Closed Caption)

installed my converter and did a channel scan but every channel has captions on it. this is going to sound simple, but I honestly can't find a way to turn off closed captions on my converter?!! I've looked through the menu and can't find the option. I have the insignia converter. thanks in advance!

e short

DTVUSA Rookie
i installed converter & it worker well, however after some time, a couple of weeks the small window in the upper left hand corne that displays the channel number moved up the screen far enough that you cannot see the number . I tried to vary the vertical size of the picture & the vertical position also but no luck the blue window stayed in the same position we have two converters so I tried the other one with same results

please advise thanks e short

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
i installed converter & it worker well, however after some time, a couple of weeks the small window in the upper left hand corne that displays the channel number moved up the screen far enough that you cannot see the number . I tried to vary the vertical size of the picture & the vertical position also but no luck the blue window stayed in the same position we have two converters so I tried the other one with same results

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say you tried to vary the vertical size. Most converter boxes have three positions on the display mode. Make sure it is not in zoom or full mode. If this doesn't help then post back with your converter make and model and some one here will be better able to help you.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member

Hope this isn't right but it sounds like your tv's picture tube is going out.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
installed my converter and did a channel scan but every channel has captions on it. this is going to sound simple, but I honestly can't find a way to turn off closed captions on my converter?!! I've looked through the menu and can't find the option. I have the insignia converter. thanks in advance!
What Aaron said.

I have the same box and the ccd buton is located just above the channel up button. If that doesn't work it could be the tv itself that has the closed caption on.