Question: problems with HDMI

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i got a new converter box but the HDMI output do not sound i do not know if is my televiion or my box that is with some manufacturing defect, i have tried setting thje box in digital audio RAW, PCM and off and neither work, i resetted the box also and the same problem i do not know if are the converter box, the telvision , or the HDMI cable, have tried two HDMI cables and have problems with both.

any help would be appreciated
Francisco

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
yes get audio using the analogic audio output but is not the idea i have another setop box or converter box attached via HDMI to the same TV and works audio and video over HDMI, now detected and even tried changing the cable because detected that the cable that came with this new set top box is not an HDMI high speed one. and still the problem.i think will chanmge the box by another of the same one, i liked some of the features that have.

best regards
Francisco

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i did everything even to the menues, in audio item PCM-RAW, DISABLED , tried everything
will return back the box and change by another, maybe i had the bad lucky that i got the box that the pallet was not treated properly, i work in supermarket and to the pallets we do not give the proper care even sometimes jump up thems sometimes.

i liked that this box plays videos even in DVB-ATSC formats and MPEG4 AVC1-AVCHD TOO, I WILL CHANGE BY ANOTHER OF THE SAMEE AND MADE THAT THEY TEST IT IN THE STORE, sorry by caps lock.

is this box

http://www.dtvlatino.com/showthread.php?18-Review-Caja-convertidora-NEX-DT20-HD&p=18#post18

i did the review to this, soon the review in english language.

best regards
Francisco

Last edited:

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
ok i went to the store and tested the box with another television with the HDMI cable that was incluided, worked good, even with audio, so i do not know if is my television or is the HDMI cable the cable that used was the one that came with the box and was tested in a LG LCD tv and with an antenna RCA 121 the same that i have in home which one do not work on my home.

so well i am open to suggestions.

best regards
Francisco