Program Guide shows many gaps (To be announced") - XFinity

For years, I have rented an HD-DVR from Comcast. For years, I have been able to set up recording of shows (for time shifting) for 7 to 9 days in advance. Now, I cannot set up some shows until about 4 hours before the show airs. WHY is the Program Guide so full of "To Be Announced" entries, even on the same day that a show is supposed to air?

Comcast told me that no one else has complained about this, so it must be a defective HD-DVR in my house. On Sunday, October 23rd, a Comcast technician came to my house, measured the signal level (it was good), and replaced the HD-DVR with a newer model. Well, the symptoms are still true, but they are worse now. Sometimes, I have to travel, so I want to set up recordings 7 to 9 days in advance, and I used to be able to do that - but now, I can't. Example: this evening, at 10:00, is "Designated Survivor" on ABC. The entry in the Program Guide was "To Be Announced" at 5:30 pm, when I checked. The next time I could check was about 6:20, and the entry was FINALLY updated. A show that I want to record tomorrow night still hasn't shown up, even though many other shows during the daytime are already in the Program Guide. Two shows that I wanted to record on Saturday night are already in the Guide, but on Sunday, three shows are already in the grid, but the CBS afternoon programming on Sunday shows "To Be Announced".

I don't think that there was anything wrong with my older HD-DVR, nor is there anything wrong with my newer HD-DVR. It is the Comcast setup of the Program Guide that needs to be fixed, because I cannot record anything labeled "To Be Announced."

This question, "Program Guide shows many gaps (To be announced")," is about XFinity-Comcast TV channels, programming, and sports.

For other news regarding Program Guide shows many gaps (To be announced"), and XFinity - Comcast cable tv services, see the recommended stories below.

G

GuestComment

"to be announced" spotty all over the guide

This is going on with my dvr too and I'm in Nashville. I've missed recordings that I've set up over the months. Seems to have happened just about the same time that they changed the web guide so that it too is unusable. It's a service problem with their system and truth is.. they really don't care

G

GuestComment

"to be announced" spotty all over the guide

This is going on with my dvr too and I'm in Nashville. I've missed recordings that I've set up over the months. Seems to have happened just about the same time that they changed the web guide so that it too is unusable. It's a service problem with their system and truth is. they really don't care