Programming guide help

naso

DTVUSA Rookie
hi,

I work for a cable company. We provide digital tv services using motorola's dct-5000 set top boxes.

We found that the programming guide files have the .ccaf extension.

How can we generate/create those .ccaf files if we have the programming with a different file format?

Thanks in advance.

hi,

I work for a cable company. We provide digital tv services using motorola's dct-5000 set top boxes.

How can we generate/create those .ccaf files if we have the programming with a different file format?

Thanks in advance.
only Motorola can answer that most of these file formats are specific to the vendor so much for ISO right.:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
hi,

Thanks in advance.
This is a different question. ;)

It looks like the Motorola DCT-5000 uses a Linux based system called Embedix Digital Media Core.

Let me add that my limited programming background is only in web development, not set top box programming...so, this answer is only based on about 5 minutes worth of research.

Programming the Embedix system will probably require the Embedix software developer kit also known as Embedix SDK. There are some issues about GPL (GNU General Public License) that you can read about here: Lineo's GPL Compliance Tool | O'Reilly Media which may require you to provide any source code and programming to the public.

It sounds like you're going to need a way of making your programming language work or be compatible with Embedix. That sounds like a lot of work. ;)