Programming Guide

rick2511

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I noticed on my programming guide that there are little triangles on the left side where the name of the channel is. They are not on all channels and I can't figure out what they are. Anybody have any idea?

:welcome: to the forum, Rick (name of the gods)!

I noticed on my programming guide that there are little triangles on the left side where the name of the channel is. They are not on all channels and I can't figure out what they are. Anybody have any idea?
Maybe those are the HD channels? Just a shot in the dark. :playball: We really need to know where that programming guide is coming from, for anyone to make an educated guess. I.e., what's your setup? Is this on your TV with OTA from an antenna, or do you have cable TV (which provider)? Dish? DirecTV? So many acronyms! :becky:

Rick

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
:welcome: to the forum, Rick (name of the gods)!

Maybe those are the HD channels? Just a shot in the dark. :playball: We really need to know where that programming guide is coming from, for anyone to make an educated guess. I.e., what's your setup? Is this on your TV with OTA from an antenna, or do you have cable TV (which provider)? Dish? DirecTV? So many acronyms! :becky:

Rick
Well, this IS the "DirecTV" part of the forum.

OK, I don't have DirecTV, but I found a possible answer on another board:
HR34: Version 0x05C2 Issues/Discussion - Page 3 - DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion - DBSTalk

dbstalk said:
What do they mean? Thanks!

[reply:] When in the guide move all the way to the left so the channel name, with the triangle, is highlighted. Press info. If there's a white triangle you'll see a shortcut to VOD content for the channel. If there's no white triangle there's no VOD content.
There is general agreement in that thread that the guide is too cluttered, and the triangles are pretty annoying.

Hope this helps,
Rick

n2rj

Staff member
How DirecTV does ondemand is that they have channels with strictly ondemand content and link them to regular channels. The triangles mean that a particular (regular) channel has an ondemand twin available.