Question: Protection adjacent channel country a country b

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
was wondering how can be protected a signal broadcast to avoid get propagated to another country or in the border.

Ie if were near of Argentina border and gets interference by two channels at same frequency what can be done?

is some signal design to avoid annoy another country with undesired signals coming from the neighbor country?

Best regards
Francisco

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Ok but the neighbor transmitter have to be located in some specific area and fix the ERP to avoid sub propagation to other country?

Have seen in FCC and says about location, guard signal or reserved one and ERP power to avoid the interference goes to unwanted service areas

was asking that of the point of view of a rational broadcaster in this post.

Francisco

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Could be good idea try that can as antenna maybe could even out performs in signal strength.

For lucky we are separated from Argentina by the mountain range

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Ok but the neighbor transmitter have to be located in some specific area and fix the ERP to avoid sub propagation to other country?

Have seen in FCC and says about location, guard signal or reserved one and ERP power to avoid the interference goes to unwanted service areas

was asking that of the point of view of a rational broadcaster in this post.

Francisco
Francisco,

Hopefully in your region of the world whoever is in charge of determining the range of Broadcasted signals is an Electrical Engineer at the very least.

In the USA not even one of the principal 'movers and shakers' in our Federal Communications Commission (FCC) have any radio or television experience ... they are attorneys.

Jim