PS3 is awesome

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member
For those who don't know what a PS3 can do let me fill you in.

Yes they are the most expensive console on the market but they can also do the most. it is a...

Blu-Ray player
HD gaming console
internet browsers
console that helps scientist find cures for various diseases
upconvert DVD player
mp3 player and host your portable music players like ipods and PSP's
console that host online games for free
console that supports motion controlled games
console that supports harddrive upgrades via 2.5 inch laptop HDD

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
I still prefer online gaming, you get the freedom of mods and updates more often than PS3 or XBOX. I almost bought a PS3 just for the Blu-Ray player, but, honestly, I woudln't play it that much compared to playing on my PC gaming rig.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
One thing that I hate about the PS3 is that it can't run game CD's from PS1 and PS2, though there are some features that I do love like what Byte24 said PS3's Blu-Ray player really is awesome.:D

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
One thing that I hate about the PS3 is that it can't run game CD's from PS1 and PS2, though there are some features that I do love like what Byte24 said PS3's Blu-Ray player really is awesome.:D
That is a little peculiar. At least with the gameboy systems as they updated the systems, you could still use the older games. That is a lot of money to spend on games, not to be able to use them if you want to upgrade to a new system. However, I do agree the newer PS3 does seem to be impressive. Their graphics are becoming more realistic.

myopicmatt

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I still prefer online gaming, you get the freedom of mods and updates more often than PS3 or XBOX. I almost bought a PS3 just for the Blu-Ray player, but, honestly, I woudln't play it that much compared to playing on my PC gaming rig.

If you are one on the lucky few that can afford to update your PC every 6 months to play the newest games, then of course PC gaming is awesome. The PS3 is just so multi-functional though. It is the closet thing that you can get to a PC. And once you go Blu-ray you can't go back.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I agree from what I have heard that the Ps3 is pretty awesome, but it was/is also the most expensive when it comes to the new consoles. Maybe when the economy gets better I will invest in one these, but I'm not too happy that you can't play the older games on the new Ps3.

Ps3

The PS 3 has some great things going for it; but it's not worth the amount of money that is charged. The system still has faults. I think the developers put it
out too quickly.:)

Blah, I really don't care for it. Backwards compatibility issues, fancy-looking but not as practical or durable, and way too expensive. Exclusive titles for Wii and xBox 360 make investing in a PS3 pointless in my opinion.