Purchasing a TV

Hi everybody, I'm new.

I am thinking of buying a TV from Swedish company People of Lava but I want to make sure it's a good product by having an expert's opinion first. The most important question is whether it is high quality and will give me the full cinematic experience.

Here is some info:

Northern Star 46"

Dimensions
+ 1128 x 682 x 105 mm
+ 32 kg
+ Vesa standard: 600 x 400
technical information
+ 46" panel, 1920 x1080 Full HD resolution
+ 16 : 9 Real Widescreen format
+ Integrated digital tuner with Common Interface
+ NS Full HD Profesional Cinema Engine(r)
+ NS DeepBlack Technology
+ Connectors:
2 x HDMI / 2 x SCART / 2 x Component
S-video / Composite (AV) / PC (Monitor in)
Antenna in / Speaker-jack
+ Teletext, 1000 pages memory
+ Matching aluminum tablestand optional
+ Vesa mounting standard

website link: LAVA - LCDTV, Plasma & LCD HDTV med HDMI - People of Lava

I don't know if one can go by brand name today as they did years back when you could buy something well-known (such as Sears or Curtis-Mathes) and know it would work, because most new tech (including TVs) are all made in the same cheap-o country (china)

TVs today have lifespans just as computers, expect at most, 5-10 years, and that's even pushing it.

They don't make things to last over 30 years any longer, so i don't buy it.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Just for reference: AVS Forum, one of the best sources of reviews regarding audio and video equipment, has not a single comment, among its 17 million posts, on that brand. There is some allure, I suppose, of being one of the first to try something out, but personally, I'd rather not be the guinea pig for a television brand.

Just for reference: AVS Forum, one of the best sources of reviews regarding audio and video equipment, has not a single comment, among its 17 million posts, on that brand. There is some allure, I suppose, of being one of the first to try something out, but personally, I'd rather not be the guinea pig for a television brand.
Ok, I've never heard of AVS Forum before so I reposted the same thread there. Thanks.