QAM Tuner Channel LineUp

SWHouston

Staff member
Greetings All,

Hang on !, I did a search for this, and couldn't find anything on this site,
so I at least tried to do my homework ! :bowdown:

Since the Changeover, I've acquired two STB's with QAM ability/Tuner.
And, I've made my own list of the available Channels I can receive.
But, is there some "common" list that one can access for an area (Houston Tx) or do we just have to rely on our own.

There are several Channels which I can get, but, don't know just what they are. A list that would sorta fill in the blanks is what I'm looking for.

Have a good Day ! :cheers:
S.W.

PS: Once I posted this thread, a link to "qam" came up on the bottom of the page.
I'll be checking those posts out. Wonder why they didn't show up on my original search ?

Last edited:

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
:welcome:

Go to the Rabbit Ears Digital TV Market Listings page. Houston is ranked No. 8; click on the "Houston, Texas" link, which lists your DTV stations. Clicking on a call sign in the "Stations" column within that list displays all of the sub-channels that station broadcasts, along with certain technical data. You may open as many station links at a time as you like. Trip, one of our moderators, is Rabbit Ears' Webmaster.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
:welcome:

Go to the Rabbit Ears Digital TV Market Listings page. Houston is ranked No. 8; click on the "Houston, Texas" link, which lists your DTV stations. Clicking on a call sign in the "Stations" column within that list displays all of the sub-channels that station broadcasts, along with certain technical data. You may open as many station links at a time as you like. Trip, one of our moderators, is Rabbit Ears' Webmaster.
What does that have to do with QAM listings? That's for OTA, QAM is cable.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
... I've acquired two STB's with QAM ability/Tuner.
And, I've made my own list of the available Channels I can receive.
But, is there some "common" list that one can access for an area (Houston Tx) or do we just have to rely on our own.
There is some website somewhere where someone maintains a service where folks can post updates to QAM mappings when they note them. It's obviously not very reliable, since it is essentially reader-managed, but I suppose it is better than nothing. I'll try to keep my eyes open over the next couple of days to see if I can see it mentioned somewhere else and if so I'll post the link here. I think it is silver -- something -- dot com....

HA! Found it in less than a minute...

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/channels

SWHouston

Staff member
Greetings Fellas,
I appreciate your prompt and informative replies, thank all of you !

Don_M,
Though your reply was directed to standard Digital Channels, I appreciate you giving that link. I'm presently installing new RG6 (4 separate lines) in my house, plus a 3-Conductor for a Rotator. Having the channel numbers of the other farm's transmitters is going to help very much, when I get the Rotator installed.
Just to explain a little...I have one Cable run for OTA, another for Comcast, I'm trying to install a FTA (personal Sat System) at some point, and have a complete spare running to the rooms, where I can feed anything from the main Entertainment Center, back up to the Bedrooms.

Hay, I'm retired, why not, what else do I have to do ! :whoo:

BCF68,
I appreciate your poignant comment, keeping on topic is important. :cheer2:

bicker,
That link was exactly what I was looking for !
However, it's giving me a LOT more CQAM Ch's than I apparently can get !
It listed 53, and I can only get about 30 !? Is this possible because of a Tuner issue?
I don't get several complete listings, like all of the 94.##, 100.##. 101.## and a couple others are not showing up om my scans ! Is there a simple answer for this?

Have a good Day ! :dance:
S.W.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
That link is not a reliable source of information. (No website is.) It is user-maintained, so it may not reflect today's reality.

Also note that your tuner will not tune in encrypted QAM channels, so that could account for the difference.