Question about my TV

sarmodi

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a Symphonic TV Model WF203.
My questions is can I receive digital channels (if there are any) with this TV using digital antenna ?
The reason why I ask this question is because I am not sure whether or not this TV support digital channels reception.

Thanks for looking and aswering my question.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
No, you need a digital to analog converter box, or, if I were you, and you can afford it, buy a new TV. It's going to cost you $40 to $60 to get a converter box, and then your TV could be as old as 2004 - probably not much life left in it anyway. So when it dies, you'll have to buy a new digital TV and be stuck with a $50 converter box you have no use for, or you can look for another old analog TV to replace it.

With new or re-manufactured 24" TV sets in the $200 price range, it's not a bad move financially to buy a replacement. Plus you'll get a modern, energy efficient TV with HD picture, too!

sarmodi

DTVUSA Rookie
No, you need a digital to analog converter box, or, if I were you, and you can afford it, buy a new TV. It's going to cost you $40 to $60 to get a converter box, and then your TV could be as old as 2004 - probably not much life left in it anyway. So when it dies, you'll have to buy a new digital TV and be stuck with a $50 converter box you have no use for, or you can look for another old analog TV to replace it.

With new or re-manufactured 24" TV sets in the $200 price range, it's not a bad move financially to buy a replacement. Plus you'll get a modern, energy efficient TV with HD picture, too!
Thanks you MrProgi for your answer. Though, your answer has generated another question for me. The question is what kind of converter box do I need to use so I can receive digital channels with the tv I currently have ?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Thanks you MrProgi for your answer. Though, your answer has generated another question for me. The question is what kind of converter box do I need to use so I can receive digital channels with the tv I currently have ?
Try your local Thrift Store: people often give them to charity when they no longer need converter boxes. Garage sales are also a good source, as people upgrade their old TVs. Do make sure to CHECK them out and make sure they work first! Sometimes they will be missing their remote control unit, but you may be able to buy a replacement for about $10.

Walmart, Best Buy and other Discount Stores usually carry them, or you can try Ebay. You can try searching Amazon. The Zinwell converter @ Amazon.com is well rated and $40.

Do you have an antenna? Because you'll need one, and we can help select the right one - every location is different.
Please go to TV Fool (<- click Link) and fill in your location details including the height above ground level where you plan to have your antenna. For your security, the results will automatically conceal your personal information. Then, please copy and paste the result (the URL in BOLD TYPE) from your antenna survey here for us to look at, so we can make recommendations.

Aerial

DTVUSA Member
Walmart might have the RCA DTA800B1 or Magnavox TB110MW9 converter boxes. Type the words , digital to analog converter box , in the amazon.com search box , or , Might find a deal on E-BAY. Also it really is best to post your tvfool radar report link here , we can help you with the correct antenna for reception at your location. TV Fool

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Any digital-to-analog converter box will work with your TV. There are tons of brands out there to choose from but finding one in a store might be more difficult. eBay is a good source for cheap converter boxes.