***QUESTIONAIRE***Where to start when looking for the right TV?

Hey There,
What is the best television and where should you start when looking for the right television for your home? Many people want the next big thing or what is popular on store shelves but some prefer visually impaired programming and other impaired services that the ordinary or everyday television cannot support the quality. Maybe, funds are low or just un-knowledgeable about what's out there! Personally, I like my Sony flat screen and mind you I have had her for 6 years. I would like the personal opinions of as many contributors as possible. What Television do you prefer?...

1. What is your favorite television?
2. What kind of programming do you prefer?
3. How often do you purchase a new television?
4. What has been your worst and best experience when purchasing a television?
5. Do you like to stream music, files, or videos?
6. Do you know what HDTV is?
7. What are some of your favorite features you enjoy on your T.V or Service?

LET ME KNOW YOUR OPINIONS!!! Happy Reading and Streaming!:dance:

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
1. I would have to say my favorite TV would be the one we just got about three weeks ago. I can't remember what kind of TV it is. But its a 55" that has the Hinese thing at the bottom of it.

2. I am not sure what you mean by programming, so can't really answer that one.

3. Last time I got a new TV was 2010, before this one.

4.I haven't really had a bad experience with purchasing a TV. I normally don't buy the TV's we have. Normally my husband does that.

5. I like having netflix and other streaming tv, but my favorite of all would be the netflix.

6. Yes HDTV is "High Definition" Television.

7. The one thing I enjoy about my TV is the app section on it. It has everything you can imagine.

James

DTVUSA Member
1. What is your favorite television? I only have one JVC HD tube TV right now.
2. What kind of programming do you prefer? I am watching Drama series now.
3. How often do you purchase a new television? I have not bought a new TV for over 10 years. I need one-I guess.
4. What has been your worst and best experience when purchasing a television? Worst experience was buying my last TV. Should have gone with a flatscreen.
5. Do you like to stream music, files, or videos? Stream video
6. Do you know what HDTV is? Heavy duty-right?
7. What are some of your favorite features you enjoy on your T.V or Service? I want my TV to be a monitor only. I don't need usb ports, speakers, etc.

scajjr2

DTVUSA Member
1. What is your favorite television? Samsung plasma's
2. What kind of programming do you prefer? download a lot of British comedy series
3. How often do you purchase a new television?got our 42" plasma 4 yrs ago but picking up a new 51" plasma thursday
4. What has been your worst and best experience when purchasing a television?haven't had a bad experience
5. Do you like to stream music, files, or videos?stream video files across our home network
6. Do you know what HDTV is?high def
7. What are some of your favorite features you enjoy on your T.V or Service?don't need 3D or a smart tv, have a HTPC for streaming, OTA for regular shows and run the sound through an 5.1 A/V receiver

Sam