Questions: $40 coupon is overdue and what do tennants of a duplex do for ordering?

dzr

DTVUSA Rookie
Two relatives, two problems.

A) One registered for 2 coupons... 6 months later, no coupons. (Why the coupons don't have names on them, to eliminate (reduce) mail theft, is beyond me.)

B) Another one lives in a legal two family house. One family ordered 2 coupons, the other one is no longer allowed to get any... That's rediculous.

The person a the DTV customer service (2 months ago), said that they expect some change in the way the coupons are dealt with in September... Did anyone hear anything?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Two relatives, two problems.

A) One registered for 2 coupons... 6 months later, no coupons. (Why the coupons don't have names on them, to eliminate (reduce) mail theft, is beyond me.)
Has your relative checked status on their coupon yet? They can do that by going to ths website: https://www.dtv2009.gov/CheckStatus.aspx

If there coupons have actually been stolen from their mailbox, the government's website says the following,

Can I replace a lost or stolen coupon?
No. Coupons cannot be reissued. If you have requested one coupon, you may be eligible to receive another. If both coupons have been lost or stolen, or you have requested both coupons, used one, and the other coupon is lost or stolen, by law we are unable to reissue coupon replacements. While it is illegal to sell coupons, giving a coupon for free to a family member, friend, or neighbor is not prohibited under Program regulations.
In your friend's circumstance with stolen mail, they won't be able to order another $40 converter coupon from the government's program (this may soon change). They can however file a complaint with their local postal service.

The person a the DTV customer service (2 months ago), said that they expect some change in the way the coupons are dealt with in September... Did anyone hear anything?
I think a lot of people are waiting for some changes to occur with the coupon program. The biggest problem seems to be with the 90 day expiration of coupons, and a lot of people have legitimate excuses. Hopefully congress will figure out a way to allow expired coupon holders to re-apply to the program, and soon!

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
I really do not think it is ridiculous. Because unless it has separate apartments or numbers how are they to know if you are not just trying to get additional coupons. I think for this reason they should be available elsewhere the only problem with that is they have a limited amount they are offering and someone may come and get 15 coupons.

Thomas G

Contributor
Has your relative checked status on their coupon yet? They can do that by going to ths website: https://www.dtv2009.gov/CheckStatus.aspx

If there coupons have actually been stolen from their mailbox, the government's website says the following,

In your friend's circumstance with stolen mail, they won't be able to order another $40 converter coupon from the government's program (this may soon change). They can however file a complaint with their local postal service.

I think a lot of people are waiting for some changes to occur with the coupon program. The biggest problem seems to be with the 90 day expiration of coupons, and a lot of people have legitimate excuses. Hopefully congress will figure out a way to allow expired coupon holders to re-apply to the program, and soon!
Informative post Jay, I'm bumping to the top...