Questions about buying a Apple TV?

U

Unregistered

Hi, I have two questions about the Apple TV player before I buy it.

One, is can I stream from my phone to the Apple TV player and show what's on my phone?

The second question is, what all can I do with an Apple TV besides watching Netflix and using iTunes?

JD2013

DTVUSA Jr. Member
["One, is can I stream from my phone to the Apple TV player and show what's on my phone?"]

To answer your first question, yes you can absolutely stream from your device (iPhone) to your Apple TV player. As of a very recent upgrade (Apple TV 6.0) the process of streaming to your player has actually been simplified and expanded a bit further than it had been in the prior version. Previous to this most recent upgrade users had to stream music, TV shows, and movies through iTunes from their devices (over Wi-Fi), which would drain the battery life on the device outputting the media and cause possible lagging issues. Now instead of using your device to run the media in this way, the player is able to gain access via AirPlay from the cloud and stream the media to your Apple TV box thereby eliminating the heavier power demands and lagging problems caused by operating under the restrictions of the older method. Another benefit provided by this new format is that all of your personally purchased content will be readily available to stream from other Apple TVs via the AirPlay/cloud combination in a more simplified way as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[The second question is, what all can I do with an Apple TV besides watching Netflix and using iTunes?]

Answering the second part is a little more difficult as this question is a bit vague. It seems that you understand the basic functionality and purpose of the AppleTV-so if you could elaborate as to what you would like to do additionally, I would be more than willing to help.

RockU

DTVUSA Member
You can play games on your iPhone or iPad as well just need to find airplay and select Apple TV. Then, you could see what is happening on the screen of those devices. Now you can also watch PBS and other public stations with an Apple TV. This post is old not sure if the guy finds his answer.