Questions, Questions, and more questions

I assume by the countdown clock at the top of the website that I need to do something about my TVs before Friday?

I bought one TV 8 months ago that I know is a HDTV, yet last month I failed a soft test. Why?

2 of my other TVs are connected to DVD players and that's it! I'm pretty sure I don't need a converter box for those right?

Which leaves me with the last 2 TVs that I watch the evening news with my husband on (1 in the bedroom and 1 in the kitchen while we cook). Both are pretty old which I can also assume need a converter. How much is this going to run me? We have only 1 coupon because my husband misplaced the other card while sorting are mail.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Friday is the DTV transition deadline for most of us. I would recommend taking care of your issues before Friday.
The HDTV you purchased 8 Months ago should be OK. Are you connected to a rooftop antenna or indoor antenna? Did you switch the TV to the digital tuner and scan for available channels? With this information we can start to get you the help you need.

The CECBs all run approximately $50.00 without a coupon, but you can find previously owned new converters on craigslist and other classified advertisers for $10.00 to 20.00 without a coupon.

I assume by the countdown clock at the top of the website that I need to do something about my TVs before Friday?

I bought one TV 8 months ago that I know is a HDTV, yet last month I failed a soft test. Why?

2 of my other TVs are connected to DVD players and that's it! I'm pretty sure I don't need a converter box for those right?

Which leaves me with the last 2 TVs that I watch the evening news with my husband on (1 in the bedroom and 1 in the kitchen while we cook). Both are pretty old which I can also assume need a converter. How much is this going to run me? We have only 1 coupon because my husband misplaced the other card while sorting are mail.