Rabbit Ears

I'm brand new and this. My plan is to eliminate cable TV and go back to network TV of old. The reasons: Poor quality of programming. Not enough income to sustain the high cost of cable.

Will rabbit ears be adequate for an antenna? If not, I think I'm screwed. In the olden days those rabbit ears were dreadful. Have they improved? Do I have to buy the rabbit ears separately? Where do I buy? Wal Mart? If so, how much do they cost? Please also advise on all options. We are disabled and have very little help to install things.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Rabbit ears antennas are good for DTV reception in some areas of the country, and not so good in others. Do you have an extra rabbit ear antenna around the house that you could try out on your converter box? Without any details about your location from broadcast towers, we can only guess as to whether you can receive DTV channels with rabbit ears.

You can purchase rabbit ears from Walmart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, or any other electronics retailer. A good alternative is an powered UHF/VHF type rabbit ear like the Philips PHDTV3 Indoor Amplified UHF/VHF/FM/HDTV Antenna. It comes with an 10DB amp, which can improve DTV reception greatly.

When you get a chance, here's a similar question to yours: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/converte...an-i-eliminate-my-cable-costs-digital-tv.html