Rabbit TV: Is it a scam?

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
The ads claim access to over 5000 tv stations and 9000 radio stations and it cost only $10 plus shipping and handling for the usb stick that brings it all to your computer, plus $10 a year thereafter to continue receiving the service. The naysayers claim that everything Rabbit TV can bring you can be found for free on the internet. The Rabbit TV folks would have you believe that searching the internet for all those websites they offer would be a pain, but I doubt searching through 14,000+ tv and radio stations on the Rabbit would be much easier.

To me, getting a Roku box is a better value than Rabbit TV since the Roku offers some pretty darn good content that can't be found on the web. Sure it cost a lot more but there's no yearly payments and it will probably out live the Rabbit TV service.

If you want to check out Rabbit TV, here's the link...

https://www.rabbittv.com/

Sounds good and the female spokesperson's hot but what do you all think?

The ads claim access to over 5000 tv stations and 9000 radio stations and it cost only $10 plus shipping and handling for the usb stick that brings it all to your computer, plus $10 a year thereafter to continue receiving the service.
First of all, the USB stick does NOT bring anything to your computer. It only PREVENTS you from logging on to their stream listings, if you DON'T have a valid account.

Second, you can forget about "$10 a year." There are complaints from people on the internet that once they get your credit card (simple test -- try ordering one of these things without a credit card) they jack up the price, and you spend days trying to find anyone on the phone to cancel.

Third, you can get essentially everything (more, I suspect) offered by RabbitEars with free, open source programs such as ReadOn, among others. There's no USB dongle, no $10 fee, no $40+ per year. Just thousands upon thousands of daily indexed internet streams.

There are dozens of compaines offering this swindle, but AFAIK, this is the only one with the guts to make you buy a device to lock down your computer to get access. They are making enough money to set up websites purely for the purpose of posting fake "reviews." It isn't technically a scam, since you get what they advertise, and it IS a little easier than tackling iTV with a search engine. Swindle is the right word, I think. :flush:

Rick

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Here's my take on it, and other similar devices:

It's a locked down thumb drive with a bunch of links stored on it. The $10 a year is for someone to (hopefully) update those links on the USB device. You could get nearly the same by bookmarking a few sites (Internet TV,Online TV,Watch Free Internet TV on PC and DeliCast - Internet TV and Internet Radio, to name just 2 of hundreds of sites.)

As a device that provides a unique service, it's a bust. As a "Scam", I wish I thought of it. I'm sure it actually works, so it's not really a scam but a money making machine. Assume you sell just 10,000 units and just break even in the first year. If 90% of the owners pay the annual $10 fee next year, that's $90,000 in the second year - not a bad annual income for a few days "work" updating links on the USB dongles.

Edit:
Here is a link to Rabbit TV reviews on Amazon - about the only place you can find reliable reviews of this device online:
Amazon reviews of Rabbit TV

Last edited: