RCA Portable TV

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
$169.99 not a bad price, but it needs to come down! Especially if we're going to start seeing mobile phones with ATSC-M/H tuners.

Also, found this in their FAQ about the battery:

How long does the battery last after fully charged?
Around 2 hours. It depends on setting of volume and brightness
That needs to improve! My Apple iPad 2 will last 11.9 hours continually while watching a movie (Link to iPad 2 battery results on CNET)

Jim1348

DTVUSA Member
I agree that the price needs to come down. Since this is one of the few available right now, perhaps as more choices are available the prices will come down a bit. It also needs to be available in at least some brick and mortar stores so that the general public has a greater awareness of this. I am sure that it is just a matter of time and these will start to show up at Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Sams Club, Costco, Radio Shack, etc.

Actually, although I am not much of a spectator sports fan, there is an opportunity now to sell these to baseball fans that want to be at the ball park, but have a TV with them to watch another game or TV commentary on the game they are at.

I am also interested in finding out more about the external antenna jack, if any. I suspect that they have moved from the F connector to something else. Maybe it is an SMA, but I don't know for certain.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
It won't do me any good until there are stations up and running in my area, which won't be till later this year. ;)
I thought you were in the Colorado Springs area, where I believe KKTV to already be operating with MH. (I have no proof of that, but I think that's the case. Need TSReader data to confirm.)

- Trip

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I thought you were in the Colorado Springs area, where I believe KKTV to already be operating with MH. (I have no proof of that, but I think that's the case. Need TSReader data to confirm.)

- Trip
Yes, and if I had a computer tuner I'd be able to give you TSReader data. My friend who has one is kind of an air head, so I don't really expect him to follow through on the suggestion. KKTV isn't advertising mobile, which I would expect if they had it. I can say that the national feed HD looks really, really good on KKTV and their sub looks really, really bad.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
That's right, I need to mail you a tuner. PM me your address and I'll have one sent to you on loan, so long as you're willing/able to mail it on to the next person when I send you an address. :)

- Trip