rca products help?

quispy

DTVUSA Rookie
I have an rca 809 dtv converter, an rca ant1251 55db amplifiable antenna and an old rca tv. I still get poor reception even with the amplified antenna. If I try to use the gain feature the picture freezes. I live in an apartment and the antenna is in the window. Is there anything I can do?:confused:

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Hmm, we'll probably need a bit more detail when you get a chance.

1. What city and state are you in?

2. What floor of your apartment are you in?

3. What kind of poor reception are you receiving? Missing channels? Pixelated channels?

4. Is the converter connected to anything else before the television set?

I have an rca 809 dtv converter, an rca ant1251 55db amplifiable antenna and an old rca tv. I still get poor reception even with the amplified antenna. If I try to use the gain feature the picture freezes. I live in an apartment and the antenna is in the window. Is there anything I can do?:confused:
How well do you receive analog stations right now without the converter box?

quispy

DTVUSA Rookie
I am 30 miles outside of Chicago. I am on the second floor. The converter is only connected to the tv. I am missing channels and most of the rest are either pixilated or the signal disappears completely for a long time.

the antenna is the problem, you are not getting a good enough signal and it is dropping out you could try a antennas direct BD2 and place it behind the tv on the wall or place it near a window toward the transmitters if you can't put it outside on a balcony or on the side of a building.

Last edited by a moderator:

quispy

DTVUSA Rookie
Just to let you know. I got a second ant1251 for $10 with shipping from amazon and hooked both antennas to a cable splitter and hooked the single line up to the converter box. Its a big improvement though I still don't get CBS. I may get a db2 when I can afford it. Thanks for your help !

joe-joe

DTVUSA Rookie
yes move closer to the tv station or get bigger antenna.

I've seen some amplified antennas not get certain stations while antennas with no power source were able to recieve them.

To much amplification will drown out the signal.