recent X1 software update shuts down X1 for 10 minutes every 2 hours

L

lettuced

Over the past week, my X1s (both the DVR and two non-DVR boxes) stop responding for several minutes every few hours. TV displays "We're having trouble connecting to the internet," error code RDK-03033. There are several reports of this on this forum, and elsewhere. Program/live TV keeps playing during the dusruption, but no inputs/changes can be made via the remote.

This is not a cable issue (cables are tight and were swap-checked), this is not a hardware issue (happens on all of my boxes at different times, and happens to other users even after hardware replacement),, this has not been remedied by a signal refresh, this is most obviously a software issue as it started happening recently to multiple users. Restarting the box works, but obviously that cannot and should be done multiple times per day. Other users have timed the problem, hence the 10 mintues every 2 hours cited.

I have yet to see an Official Comcast Employee acknowlege this issue. Is Comcast working a software fix for this problem? Thank you.

"recent X1 software update shuts down X1 for 10 minutes every 2 hours," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding recent X1 software update shuts down X1 for 10 minutes every 2 hours, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.