Recommended Antenna for DTV

I watch regular TV only when satellite is down at our house. I've got a backup converter box that I've recently connected with a splitter to the coax on my TV but get a weak signal message without an antenna. My house is less than 5 miles away from TV antennas and I can literally see them from our back porch. I've seen some bad reviews on the Terk antennas, but I really don't need a heavy duty type antenna right? Thanks for any help in advance. :)

I watch regular TV only when satellite is down at our house. I've got a backup converter box that I've recently connected with a splitter to the coax on my TV but get a weak signal message without an antenna. My house is less than 5 miles away from TV antennas and I can literally see them from our back porch. I've seen some bad reviews on the Terk antennas, but I really don't need a heavy duty type antenna right? Thanks for any help in advance. :)
take the splitter out and connect the converter box to tv to the antenna in on the sat. receiver this will eliminate the signal loss from the spliter. look in the indoor antenna reviews in this thread there is a homemade you tube antenna that would work well for your situation, if you can follow instructions it is easy to build. the next best thing would be a DB2 antenna placed on the wall behind the tv.:)