Recommended HDMI cables?

Can anyone recommend a good HDMI cable for a new blu-ray player? There are so many out there now and the range of pricing is like from $5.00 to $100! I just want to make sure I get a good picture on my HDTV.
Hope everyone on the forum is doing well by the way. :popcorn:

All the info between your blu-ray player and TV flows in digital form.

In terms of image quality, there is no difference, at all, between a $5.00 and a $100.00 HDMI cable.

Bottom line: Buy the cheapest HDMI cable you can get :D

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
All the info between your blu-ray player and TV flows in digital form.

In terms of image quality, there is no difference, at all, between a $5.00 and a $100.00 HDMI cable.

Bottom line: Buy the cheapest HDMI cable you can get :D
I would agree, except that some of the cheap ones can be really flimsy. One kink in them and they go bad. I replaced 2 thin cables this year!

What I like about the ones I suggested is that they are thick, have a nice protective sheathing, they're 10 feet long and cost me $5 each.

I would agree, except that some of the cheap ones can be really flimsy. One kink in them and they go bad. I replaced 2 thin cables this year!

What I like about the ones I suggested is that they are thick, have a nice protective sheathing, they're 10 feet long and cost me $5 each.
I fully agree, that some of the cheaper cables are not solid, and can go bad, althought that hasnt happened to me.

My point is that the image quality is not affected by the fact that the cable is cheap.

Most users cant justify the premium price of a better cable, they just dont benefit from it.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Absolutely agree about video quality. But the price difference between the real cheapos and a better grade is a buck or two.

The cost of my two 6 foot cables that died (2 different brands) was about $3 each.
The new ones are 10 feet and cost about $5 each, and they'll last for years.

Which brings up an important point: make sure you get cables a little longer than you need. A 6 footer may do, but an 8 or 10 foot cable will prevent kinking and stretching damage.