Recording and watching something else

antkmom

DTVUSA Member
Is there a way that I can record one show with my dvr and watch another show on the same tv?

I have a dvr and I usually am recording one show while my kids watch their show on the second tv. I have some shows that overlap and would like to record one while watching the other with the second tv still freed up for the kids. Is there a way to do this?

antkmom

DTVUSA Member
The dvr is connected to the tv in our bedroom. It has the two channels programed in it, so it also runs the tv in our living room.

How do I figure out what kind of dvr it is?

If I can do this, life will be much happier in our house.

Yes616

The Mod Squad
Is there a way that I can record one show with my dvr and watch another show on the same tv?

I have a dvr and I usually am recording one show while my kids watch their show on the second tv. I have some shows that overlap and would like to record one while watching the other with the second tv still freed up for the kids. Is there a way to do this?
When using one of the dual tuner DVR's like the ViP722, you could watch one show on tuner 1 or if you have it hooked to an OTA antenna, you can watch that while the kids are watching satellite tuner 2.

So if you have an OTA antenna hooked up to the receiver, it's like that dual tuner receiver actually has 3 tuners. The only thing it won't do is accessing the OTA tuner from the remote location via the TV2 hookup.