Recurring speed degradation with increasing frequency - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "Recurring speed degradation with increasing frequency", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps.
Good afternoon all.

Over the last two months i've been seeing a drop in speed for my connection. I'm currently subscribed to 100Mbps.

Today alone it has dropped from 100Mbps to 1-2Mbps for wired or wireless connections, even when directly connected to the modem. This same issue had been occurring every few days. Usually power cycling with or without the coax unplugged resolves the issue.
Today that wasn't the case. It was until after an hour all three times did my speeds return to normal. The last two times I was on the phone with support. Support wasn't able to resolve the issue so asked that I call Motorola, which I did.

Motorola confirmed firmware, signal stregth, etc was all operating as expected. However, they requested I factory reset my modem. I accessed the GUI for my modem, and the reset and restart options were not present. Motorola advised that when TWC provisions the modem, that they can some times disable these options and advised to contact TWC to have this resolved. While I was speaking with Motorola, about an hour after the last incident, service was fully restored.

In an effort to get this resolved, I called TWC and they were very adament, almost to the point of being unreasonably rude. I asked them to reprovision my modem, which they did. During this process, I was watching the configuration screen and the buttons to restart and reset came back briefly. Once the provisioning was complete, they disappered. Even after this, they were very insistant that they don't have access to the modem, they don't change anything, and etc.

So my question is, what's going on that disables this? To me it seems clear that something that is being done my TWC during the provisioning process is causing this to occur.

Can anyone shed some insight on why the options disappear or either why my speed drops so drastically?

I purchased the below:

Model Name: SB6141
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.16-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 7.0
Firmware Build Time: Feb 16 2016 11:28:04

This topic covered Recurring speed degradation with increasing frequency, and TWC cable internet service.