Question: Redbox Instant?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I tried it "pre release".

Not impressed with the selection, maybe it will change in the future. For my money, Netflix is still the best deal.

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Yea Netflix has a wider range of movies for your money searched even some titles i havent been able to find in a while they even have a few titles that are on netflix right away instead of waiting a week or so after it is released

We love Netflix and use Amazon Instant a good bit. I've been disappointed with HuluPlus so far, and unfortunately, general consensus about Redbox Instant has been underwhelming.

MrPogi

Staff member
We love Netflix and use Amazon Instant a good bit. I've been disappointed with HuluPlus so far, and unfortunately, general consensus about Redbox Instant has been underwhelming.
I find that the free version of Hulu gives me everything I want from Hulu. We are dropping Amazon Prime because of the price increase. I can't justify it because (a) I can wait for free shipping and (b) there isn't enough video that we want to watch.

I too think Netflix has the better slection. They may be working on building the selection so it may grow over the coming year. Will have to see if this verdict changes by the end of the year.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
We used it for a few says. Its not to bad, I just didn't think it was worth having, considering that we don't get redbox but maybe two three times a month.

MrPogi

Staff member
If you rent a dvd every weekend AND you IF an find a few things to stream each week, it would be worth $8 a month.

The key here being the "IF you could find a few things to stream each week" part.

If you rent a dvd every weekend AND you IF an find a few things to stream each week, it would be worth $8 a month.

The key here being the "IF you could find a few things to stream each week" part.

Agree- I can justify paying for netflix and hulu because there is more than enough that the family watches. I can justify paying for the monthly access. But for Redbox I just dont see that value yet.

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I haven't tried it. I don't use Redbox for DVDs very much, since it's a pain to have to return them, compared to Netflix which can just go in the mailbox. And when I looked on their website a while back, the instant seemed to have a lot of duplicate content, things that were either on Netflix or had been in the recent past. For me, it didn't look worth it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 0
G Comcast 0