Redbull Cola = Cocaine

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
Anybody see time.com's piece on Redbull Cola? My kid's friends drink these redbull drinks all the time and I've often wondered what they effects will be when they're older.

About a year ago, the makers of Red Bull, the famous caffeine-loaded energy drink, decided to come out with a soda, unsurprisingly named Red Bull Cola. The shared name implied the same big kick. But could the cola's boost — supposedly "100% natural" — come from something else? Officials in Germany worry that they've found the answer — cocaine. And now they have prohibited the soda's sale in six states across the country and may recommend a nation-wide ban.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
This will be the next headline.
Red Bull sales skyrocket in US on announcement the drink contains the 100% natural ingredient cocaine.
Now if they'd only make it without the Carmel color. It stains my teeth:D

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
This will be the next headline.
Red Bull sales skyrocket in US on announcement the drink contains the 100% natural ingredient cocaine.
Now if they'd only make it without the Carmel color. It stains my teeth:D
LOL, yeah but did you guys see this part of the story,

According to this analysis, the 0.13 micrograms of cocaine per can of the drink does not pose a serious health threat — you'd have to drink 12,000 L of Red Bull Cola for negative effects to be felt — but it was enough to cause concern.
hehe at 12,000 Liters, you may start to feel the effects of the cocaine, but the what about all that caffeine! :becky:

Last edited:

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Heck Coca-Cola got their name from having the ingredient being Cocaine. at least in their early years.
Oh yeah, the good ole days. :rolleyes: :D Just kidding, of course. Between the 12 tsp. of sugar in each can of coke and the mega doses of sodium, they have to have some way of keeping us addicted. I didn't even know that coke drinks have salt in them, until my doctor told me. I was in denial for awhile, but I have moved on to indifference. :becky: