Religious Families: Favorite "clean, wholesome" shows?

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
What are your favorite clean wholesome shows? I find that I have to go back quite a few years to get shows with no cussing or sexual connotations in them for my kids. I mean, even Dora shows her belly which in my opinion is a big strike against modesty. What do you watch that suit your family values and do you feel pressured by family/friends/church or is it a family decision?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Marisa,

Although you are not a fan of cartoons, I strongly suggest AUTO-B-GOOD:

AUTO-B-GOOD | High octane values, Full throttle fun

From Wikipedia:

"Auto-B-Good DVDs come in three versions. A retail version for home audiences, an education version used in school classrooms across the country and a Special Edition with Christian music videos featuring the music of Rick Altizer that enhance the positive character lessons with a spiritual application."

Auto-B-Good - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was a spin-off series titled: Monster Truck Adventures | High octane adventures from scripture

Monster Truck Adventures | Animated monster truck series for kids

From Wikipedia:

"Bigfoot Presents: Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks is a CGI-animated children's show on Discovery Kids, that premiered in the fall of 2006 and presented the fictional adventures of some monster trucks with the personalities of young children."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot_Presents:_Meteor_and_the_Mighty_Monster_Trucks

Unlike Auto B Good, Monster Trucks appears to have been produced in one version that always includes Biblical references to support the secular lessons presented in the shows. I haven't seen many of the Monster shows but Auto B Good is a real HOOT! and its a constructive and entertaining way to spend half an hour with your kids. Episodes can be found on YouTube and on The Smile of a Child TV Network. Smile of A Child TV

Wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smile_of_a_Child_TV

Last edited:
We choose for ourselves what we think is best for our kids. We are the ones raising them so we know what is best for them. We watch shows like Dinosaur Train, Sesame Street, Blues Clues, Barney, and so on.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I think the last decent family show was probably Seventh Heaven. It's just too bad they returned for a final round. Kinda like Magnum PI, they should have gone off when first expected instead of that one last season.