representation of women

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
For discussion purposes, I'll bite on this post. I hardly think anyone values Desperate Housewives as a representation of American women. The show attracts viewers because of what it is, a drama. That's not to say there aren't some people out there like the characters on this show.

If I can make a comparison, if anyone has ever watched Reno 911, it's hardly a representation of all policemen and policewomen in America.

fires

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Comparison of stereotypical representation of women in Desperate Housewives and Eastenders?
Do you believe that the representation of women in Desperate Housewives sends a degrading view of American housewives or an idealistic lifestyle?
In comparison to Eastenders, which do you believe sends a 'better' representation of women.
i like desperate housewives...i just enjoy watching it and i don't really compare it in real life or any prevailing representation..it is only fiction..

karyl

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Comparison of stereotypical representation of women in Desperate Housewives and Eastenders?
Do you believe that the representation of women in Desperate Housewives sends a degrading view of American housewives or an idealistic lifestyle?
In comparison to Eastenders, which do you believe sends a 'better' representation of women.
maybe for some other women or other countries..but in my opinion desperate housewives is a representation of modern wives now a days..

betty

DTVUSA Jr. Member
i cant compare it ! since its only a fiction tv series and are all the imagination of the writer!!