Republican Take Over of the House Looks Good for Broadcasting

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Sad that Rick Boucher is gone though. He was very technologically aware, pushing rural broadband, and at the same time was fighting the spectrum grab, IIRC.

- Trip

FOX TV

Contributor
Sad that Rick Boucher is gone though. He was very technologically aware, pushing rural broadband, and at the same time was fighting the spectrum grab, IIRC.

- Trip
Sorry Trip, but that is one of the reasons that this country got in such bad shape is from career politicians like Boucher. Boucher was no friend to broadcasters in any way. He spearheaded the analog extension which cost broadcasters lots of un-needed expenses when no one was watching.

Our station manager called him to express his concerns about it and was told by Mr. Boucher that he needed something in exchange in order for him to consider the request to not extend analog broadcasting, and to me, that is what is wrong with Washington these days. They think everyone owes them something extra just for performing their jobs. I am glad to see him gone, and maybe some new and fresh ideas can be explored, instead of the same old ways of thinking.

dkreichen1968's link was very interesting and encouraging, and maybe OTA can survive, but only time will tell. Our founding fathers could never invision career politicians, as you had to be 35 years old to hold office, and the average life span back then was only in the late 40's, so the concept of career politicians never entered their mind.

We need term limits for every office in this land from Osama Obama, all the way down to the Mayors Janitor in order to head off corruption and payoffs under the table, which is how Washington operates now. Why would someone spend 1.5 million to keep a job that only pays around $110,000 a year? I think the answer to that one has to be obvious, that there is much more financial reward than just the salary involved, and term limits will help curb some of that actuvity, as the favors take a long time to trickle down once they are granted, and term limits will help stop that.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
he needed something in exchange
WOW. Blatant... If we could only get lobbyists out of the system, or severly limit them, it would go a long way towards fixing the system.

Why would someone spend 1.5 million to keep a job that only pays around $110,000 a year?
Other than the reason you gave (Valid, by the way) - its not "their" money. Where DOES a lot of that money come from? Please refer to my answer to the previous quotation.

FOX TV

Contributor
He is term-limited. 22nd amendment.

- Trip
How is it that Boucher was allowed to be there for 28 years. That's proof that term limits are needed, and should be limited to a max of 3 terms for every political office in this land. I think Bob Goodlatte is a good honest politician, and I am in his district, but I voted against him simply because he has been in there to long also, and my strategy is to vote against the incumbent to help enforce my own private term limits. I am talking about term limits for every political office in this land, not just the president.

The 22nd amendment only addresses the President, and Osama Obama wanted to change that law so he could be more like Hugo Chavez, who is one of his idols, and rule for perpetuity. I know that the younger generation thinks that Osama Obama is the next Messiah, but not all people think that way, especially the ones who got to grow up in the "Happy Days" era, and they, including me are the Tea Party, The conservatives, the constitutionalists the independents who are bound and determined to save the constitution as the basis for the freedoms we enjoy, and not to live under the democrat Marxist mantra of Hugo Chavez that has been the goal of the Dems ever since Osama Obama Got elected, and even before that. The Dems used to be the party of the people back in the days of JFK, but greed for control has changed them into the party of change that most intelligent thinking people don't want any part of.

He knows he is beaten, and he looked like a Kid who had just seen his puppy get kicked by an older kid yesterday on TV. Hell, he even used the word shellacking himself in his apology speech, and now he wants to cooperate with the republicans when he wouldn't give them the time of day when he was playing the messiah role. How hypocritical is that? Can you say liar? I can, and so can he.... And here is the proof... YouTube - 7 Lies In Under 2 Minutes

Osama and the Democratic mantra will only serve to put this country further into debt, and that is because they want total control over the populace, and the only way to do that is to control the economy, and weaken it to the point where the populace owes its existence to the government, which makes it easier to control the people and rule them. That is exactly what they had in mind, but the real thinking people who grew up enjoying a much freer time in this country are the ones who want it back, and refuse to surrender it to the likes of Osama Obama and his minions, or their agenda of "Share The Wealth". i like the money I work for, and would really love to keep most all of it to pay MY BILLS. After all, I am the one who earned it.

Let me ask you a question...If there were students in your graduating class who would not graduate because of poor performance, would you be willing to share some of your grade point average with them? i will bet an honest answer would have to be no, and that is exactly the way I feel when i see more than 1/3 of my paycheck taken away and given to those who have the option to sit on the couch, or go out and be productive and contribute something to society instead of depending on me for their daily bread.

I am suspicious of the GOP too, and they will be under the microscope to see if they attempt to fulfill the promises that got them elected in this historic landslide, and it was a landslide, a shellacking, a plain old ass whooping is my favorite term for it.

The SHEEPLE are awakening too, and even they don't like what they see!!

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
WOW. Blatant... If we could only get lobbyists out of the system, or severly limit them, it would go a long way towards fixing the system.

Other than the reason you gave (Valid, by the way) - its not "their" money. Where DOES a lot of that money come from? Please refer to my answer to the previous quotation.
Harry Reid is a perfect example of how much politicians profit from lobbyists, and big business. When he started his political career, he was as poor as a pauper, and now he is a millionaire? Politics alone based on the pay scale will never make one a Multi-Millionaire like Harry Reid is now. Where did he get his millions; Surely not from his political career !!

Why do you think that Osama Obama waited almost a month to go to the gulf to slap BP'S hands lightly? Because they were one of his biggest campaign contributors, that's why, and who wants to slaughter their biggest cash cow? If facts were to be checked and acted upon, BP'S contributions should be considered illegal, as they are a British company, and not a wholly owned American business as is required to accept campaign donations from business entity's anyway.