Retro TV with Rabbit Ears?

I have been watching RTV on Verizon FIOS for the last six months and almost always watch the A-team, but recently I moved and switched to basic cable, we are on a tight budget, so I don’t get WFLA or RTV. I have a Magnavox converter box and I can get local and not so local channels with Radio Shack Rabbit Ears, RTV doesn’t show up in the scan and I tried to manually enter 14.1/27.2 as listed on the RTV affiliates page. RTV Affiliates but no signal, I don’t understand why I can’t get a Tampa signal I’m not that far away, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Thanks

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: wealthwise!

Your 'new journey' into FREE "over the air" is not a new subject here and my guess is we can help you. To start, we have to know what signals 'may' be present in your local area for you potentially to be able to receive. If you go this website and plug in you specifics, you will receive a result and if you post the result's URL here, as a team we can help you determine what it takes to make OTA reception work for you.

Please respond with your (click here)--> TV Fool report. All personal details will be concealed by both TVFOOL and also by this Forum. By sure to insert your antennas' height above ground.

Jim (<-- 30+ free channels here)

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
I have been watching RTV on Verizon FIOS for the last six months and almost always watch the A-team, but recently I moved and switched to basic cable, we are on a tight budget, so I don&#8217;t get WFLA or RTV. I have a Magnavox converter box and I can get local and not so local channels with Radio Shack Rabbit Ears, RTV doesn&#8217;t show up in the scan and I tried to manually enter 14.1/27.2 as listed on the RTV affiliates page. RTV Affiliates but no signal, I don&#8217;t understand why I can&#8217;t get a Tampa signal I&#8217;m not that far away, can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Thanks
WFLA is Channel 8 which is on real channel 7. Also if your converter box hasn't picked up the signal then putting in the virtual channel won't do a thing. The virtual channel has to be assigned to an actual channel, which requies a signal that can be decoded.

27.2 is WRDQ which is in Orlando. It's on actual channel 27 but used to be on actual channel 14. Why they have that listed for Tampa I'm not sure.

Last edited: