returning defective box

Got 2 boxes. One works fine and we are amazed at how well the reception is even on rabbit ears but the other won't do anything. The remote won't control the box, the light just comes on, nothing else.
I have tried calling the number on the box over 50 times but it is always busy. The store where I got the boxes says they are forbidden by the DTV program to take back the boxes and I HAVE to call the number to make arrangements to replace it. I am getting doggone frustrated about this.

Got 2 boxes. One works fine and we are amazed at how well the reception is even on rabbit ears but the other won't do anything. The remote won't control the box, the light just comes on, nothing else.
I have tried calling the number on the box over 50 times but it is always busy. The store where I got the boxes says they are forbidden by the DTV program to take back the boxes and I HAVE to call the number to make arrangements to replace it. I am getting doggone frustrated about this.
the program does not prohibit the return of a defective box you can exchange it for a new one I would challenge the store policy.