RIP Shirley Temple Black

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
She was just 85 and though she hadn't acted in decades, Shirley Temple Black definitely left her footprint on the silver screen and TV. She died of natural causes, surrounded by her family at her California home. She was quite a woman!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I still watch her movies. We've been talking elsewhere about WW2 movies and a teenage Shirley was in one of my all time favorites, Since You Went Away. She was a classy lady and she has left us all a wonderful legacy to cherish.

She kept much of her life private. It could easily have just been natural causes. I hope so anyway.
That's fine, but I still want to know what it is! Us old farts (not including you) should stick together. Maybe I should take some vitamin or something to guard against some natural cause I didn't know about!!

Rick

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
I didn't even remember she played in Heidi! I might need to watch it now... I remember reading the book some time ago and feeling as peaceful as a kid again. I hope she rests in peace.

Natural causes is probably something internal and personal that they don't want to share. Thigs like liver failure can be very miserable and can alter your body in such a way I wouldn't want it broadcast to the world. I say we just mourn the loss and not dwell and why she passed, but why she touched our hearts.