ROKU 2 LT on sale at Amazon, $44.99 ($15 off)

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Roku LT Streaming Player On sale at Amazon

Once again, Amazon has put a ROKU 2 on sale. This time it's the Roku LT Streaming Player It's already the cheapest ROKU box at $49.99, but now it's only $44.99 - a whopping 25% off full retail.

While it may be lacking some of the features of it's bigger brothers, most notably an expansion port for playing movies, it can still access the exact same online content that all the other models can, albeit only in 720p ( click here to compare all ROKU models). Lack of full 1080p/i on the less expensive Roku models is really a non-issue for most people because there isn't much streaming content in 1080i/p, and many people don't even have an internet connection that can handle 1080p content reliably.

Again, like the top of the line Roku XS on sale at Amazon for $89.99 ($10 off), I don't know how long this sale on the Roku LT Streaming Player will last. But even at full retail, any Roku box is a bargain.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Just an update, my Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player arrived yesterday. Shipping from Amazon was super fast! It arrived shortly after 5 pm, I was all set up - including registration and updating the firmware - and I was streaming Netflix in HD before 6pm. I'll have more to say about the Roku in the future, as I push it to its limits. But so far, I'm impressed by this little box and what it can do. (Live streaming news channels, etc).

That flushing sound you hear is people cancelling their pay TV after getting Roku players and antennas in their stockings*. Eat hot death, KableTown.

* I do realize that antennas don't fit in a stocking.