Roku LT Out of Stock

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
So I was going to buy a Roku today to fiddle around with and Roku.com show's it out of stock. Must be selling like hotcakes.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
People are using Rokus to replace multichannel service or cable boxes on secondary TVs. Talked to a friend last night, and that is what he and his wife did. They got a Roku and an antenna and canceled their satellite TV while keeping their cable internet. Roku, plus OTA TV, equals no need for cable or satellite TV.

I picked up a Roku 2 XS a week ago, and I'm impressed.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
People are using Rokus to replace multichannel service or cable boxes on secondary TVs. Talked to a friend last night, and that is what he and his wife did. They got a Roku and an antenna and canceled their satellite TV while keeping their cable internet. Roku, plus OTA TV, equals no need for cable or satellite TV.

I picked up a Roku 2 XS a week ago, and I'm impressed.
The XS is awesome. I have an LT and an XS.

I'm selling the LT next week. It's good, but the XS can do so much more for me.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Only a few days ago the Roku LT was out of stock but the Roku 2 was on sale for the same price as the LT. Guess they blew through the 2's pretty quick.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Dang! Was hoping to pick one up in a couple weeks....hopefully will be back in stock.
As I said, they are (all models) in stock on Amazon.

And Yes, they are a hot item! Why? The price, flexibility, and the amount of content. You can do a lot more than just watch Netflix. Even the top of the line XS is under $100. In the last week alone, there have been 20 new channels, public and private, added to Roku. With a Roku 2 XS you can also play games and play video / mp3 / picture files stored on a USB drive, too.

More Roku stuff? Sure, follow me... to the ROKU forum on www.internettvforums.com

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I didn't even think about using Amazon. Thanks, it's weird that they have it in stock and not Roku.
If you've ever worked in manufacturing you know that there is always a lead time for manufactured goods. That lead time can range from a few days to several months (or years) depending on the product and how busy the manufacture is. In the case of electronics (and most other goods), a manufacture may use the same assembly line for multiple products, and the assembly line has to be set up for the product each time before they do a production run. As a retailer, if you have an unexpected run in demand, you may find yourself SOL until the next manufacturing run can be run. Just because the primary retailer (in this case Roku) failed to order early enough to maintain an inventory doesn't mean that other retailers don't still have stock.