Roku will provide Live NHL Games

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Just saw that. It seems to me that what we are going to get is an expansion of "Networks" and also finally at long last "A la Carte" access to Networks.

Im looking forward to the blossoming of the new developing Brietbart News TV.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I plan on writing some more detailed stuff about the Roku. It's a very simple to operate device. There is no web browser and it is somewhat limited in that way....but that can be a selling point as well. Even a caveman can use it.

Im very interested in discussing Google TV with you. Im doing heavy research into all of these devices and platforms these days.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
The only STB offering Google TV is the Logitech ReVue right? Can you run it on your computer?
I've only seen the Logitech ReVue advertised as being a Google TV STB. I'd imagine there are more coming out soon, but haven't looked any further than the ReVue.

You had something hooked up to your TV for internet streaming previously didnt you?

Yes Im still digging the Roku HD.
I had my Dell XPS laptop connected via HDMI. Worked well, but finding content wasn't easy. We're thinking about subscribing to Netflix once 4G comes to Phoenix. 3G is decent for internet browsing and some streaming, but not good enough for higher resolution content. Can't wait for 4G!

I plan on writing some more detailed stuff about the Roku. It's a very simple to operate device. There is no web browser and it is somewhat limited in that way....but that can be a selling point as well. Even a caveman can use it.

Im very interested in discussing Google TV with you. Im doing heavy research into all of these devices and platforms these days.
Nice. Ease of use is what we need, my wife has very little patience for having to learn a new gadget. I may ask for the Logitech ReVue for Christmas though I've seen some pretty bad reviews on it lately.