Rome

An intimate drama of love and betrayal, masters and slaves, and husbands and wives, 'Rome' chronicles the epic times that saw the fall of a Republic and the creation of an empire.

The new big budget series from HBO (co produced with the BBC)

HBO: Rome

Is this show still on the air? We watched the first season, but haven't kept up with it since. Lots of drama and action and a small history lesson at the same time?? Can't ask for much more than that. :)

christyanne

DTVUSA Member
Is this show still on the air? We watched the first season, but haven't kept up with it since. Lots of drama and action and a small history lesson at the same time?? Can't ask for much more than that. :)
Don't think it is, I think it was one of those miniseries like HBO does every once in a while.

deeteevee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
That was a very good series, I read Julius Caesar when I was in high school, and it was nice to see HBO's adaptation of the story. The only bad thing about it is that it ended.

theremote

DTVUSA Jr. Member
That was a very good series, I read Julius Caesar when I was in high school, and it was nice to see HBO's adaptation of the story. The only bad thing about it is that it ended.
It was a great book, and to see a show about it on TV is great. It is good to see people making shows that will interest me and give me the entertainment from something I know about!

cronus

DTVUSA Member
How far along the time lime of the Roman Republic-Empire did the series go? I am sure there was plenty of room left for if the producers were to start working on the series again.