Question: Samsung AV Component Adapter - No Audio

Pat Gatto

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Happy Holidays,

I purchased a Samsung UN46D6003 LED TV for the basement. To record non HD channels I hooked up my TiVo HUMAX DVD recorder through the Samsung AV Component Adapter. This set up worked fine for a day or two. Then I lost the video signal. I twisted the connectors a little and the video came back. I decided to change the video wire and have not had a video problem since. However, after about a week, I've lost the audio signal. Nothing I've tried (twisting the connectors, changing the audio wires, rebooting TiVo, etc.) has restored the audio. Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.

Happy Holidays!

It still sounds like it might be a wiring problem. What type of audio wires are you using to connect between the units? Also, have you inspected the connecters at the input and output to make sure they're not damaged?

Happy Holidays Pat, have you tried rebooting your Tivo unit as well?

This might be a dumb thought here by me (wouldn't be a first ;)) but have you tried recording anything else to see if maybe the audio was dropped during the broadcast for that channel?

Pat Gatto

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Trickster,

Thanks for responding. It's almost impossible to wire this wrong. Samsung provides you with a two-prong adapter that connects to the TV. The wires are color coded. Everything worked correctly for a week before I lost the audio. I tried switching out the audio wires (red and white) but that didn't help.

PG

Pat Gatto

DTVUSA Jr. Member
HTNut,

Thanks for responding. Yes I rebooted the TiVo. The lose of audio occurs on all channels on the AV setting. Things that I recorded before purchasing the HD TV where I know the audio worked, no longer have sound. Keep in mind that everything worked normally for about a week with the HD TV before the lose of audio on the AV setting.

PG