Samsung LED HDTV Series 8000, 7000, and 6000

Samsung released the pricing and shipping dates for their new LED HDTV series 8000, 7000, and 6000.

The Samsung UN46B7000 sells for $2,999.99 and the Samsung UN40B6000 $2,299.99.

The 8000 is due to be released in May of 09, pricing details are not available as of yet.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I went to Fry's Electronics today, and they had a Sony 46" or so LED on sale for like $2,500. LED's are so thin compared to LCD! I bet it wasn't any thicker than 1" to 1.5". The picture quality was comparible to Plasma, and you could see it from all angles too.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Flat screens are moving fast, aren't they? Not only the technological changes but the interpolation is 4 times faster then just a few years ago. They've gone from 60Hz to 240Hz on the new LCD sets. Now if Jay could get Samsung to send a test set to my house. I would be willing to give it a real good work over.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Flat screens are moving fast, aren't they? Not only the technological changes but the interpolation is 4 times faster then just a few years ago. They've gone from 60Hz to 240Hz on the new LCD sets. Now if Jay could get Samsung to send a test set to my house. I would be willing to give it a real good work over.
if I could get Samsung to send out a test LCD, I'd have them send it to MY house. ;)

I like LED, but I think I'll wait for OLED to start hitting the retail floors before I upgrade.

Thomas G

Contributor
if I could get Samsung to send out a test LCD, I'd have them send it to MY house. ;)

I like LED, but I think I'll wait for OLED to start hitting the retail floors before I upgrade.
Problem is, they just can't make the OLED's in a bigger size right now. btw, put my name in the hat for testing receivers and speakers. ;)

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
I truely would have that testing LCD from Samsung in my house, but I think they do the testing on their own. Sorry for that, would have been a nice thing to do.

By the way, what is the biggest size for an OLED?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I truely would have that testing LCD from Samsung in my house, but I think they do the testing on their own. Sorry for that, would have been a nice thing to do.

By the way, what is the biggest size for an OLED?
Looks like it's a 31" for now, Gizmodo - Samsung's 31-Inch OLED Is Biggest, Thinnest Yet - AM-OLED Gizmodo has pictures of it in the link.

The 1080p panel is just 4.3mm thick (.17-inches), thinner than any LCD other than the prototypes we've seen this week.
:thumb: