Question: San Francisco HD TV reception

we5

DTVUSA Rookie
Hi All,

I bought the mohu leaf 30 mile indoor antenna and got as many about 60 channels. The frustrating part is I could not get CBS or Fox, but I can get ABC and NBC. seems to me from researching, that all 4 stations come from the same tower?
Here is the tv fool: TV Fool

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Is this the unamplified leaf? I see signal overload as a possible problem. You are right under the towers and CBS and Fox are some of the strongest signals. A paper clip may be all you need.

we5

DTVUSA Rookie
Thanks for the reply. No it is not amplified. I just tried the paperclip, good news is I can return the Leaf because I'm getting the same channels, bad news is still no CBS or FOX

Last edited:

we5

DTVUSA Rookie
Thanks MrHandsome :) I did rescan and tried to manually add the channels, no luck. I'm wondering am I so close that I cannot get the channels. I tried using the smallest paperclip in the world to "lessen" the antenna , no dice

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Keep moving the antenna to different locations and rescanning. Or take your TV to a friend's house further out, scan the channels in, and then you can adjust the antenna till they come in at your house.