San Francisco Indoor Antenna

dkreichen1968

Staff member
What it tells you is that most of your local stations are coming from the south southeast (a 154 degree compass heading) and that they include VHF high and UHF signals. I'd get a RCA ANT111 or 112 and point it toward the towers to start out with. A Winegard Flatwave may also work for you.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Here is my TV fool link,

I have no clue what any of it means. Please help! Thanks!

TV Fool
It means, "I hope that you have a South-facing window if you want to use an indoor antenna". If you do, put your antenna in that South window, and chances are pretty good you will get the stronger (green) stations that are marked "LOS" @ 168 degrees. You need an antenna that does both UHF and VHF-hi. But anything 1- or 2- edge, including your NBC station KNTV-DT (VHF 12), may be hit-and-miss.

I would say that the Winegard FreeVision FV-30BB hanging in a window should do the trick.

@MrPogi,
For his location, if an outdoor antenna is an option, what type do you think would be the best for getting started? Much better than using the Winegard indoor if not trying to max out the total number of other the air stations?

The C2V would probably be a better choice than the FV-30BB which actually has better VHF reception off the back than the front. The C2V's dipole, at least, would be pretty close to unity gain and is probably close to 10 dB better on VHF straight ahead.