Sansui Model HDLCD 1908 TV - Do I need a converter box?

newtv

DTVUSA Rookie
I just purchased a Sansui Model HDLCD 1908 TV. I do not have cable or satilite , and I want to use It for local TV stations , will I need a converter box on this set .

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I just purchased a Sansui Model HDLCD 1908 TV. I do not have cable or satilite , and I want to use It for local TV stations , will I need a converter box on this set .
You do not need a converter box for the Sansui HD LCD 1908 to receive OTA broadcast signals.

Did you ever find out anything? We bought one for our son and can't receive over the air stations.
Do you have an antenna connected? Is the antenna indoor or outdoor?

No antenna included

You do not need a converter box for the Sansui HD LCD 1908 to receive OTA broadcast signals.

Do you have an antenna connected? Is the antenna indoor or outdoor?

No antenna. My boys unpacked the box and claim that an antenna wasn't included. We were just going to use it for Video games, but if we can watch some over the air shows, why not.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
No antenna. My boys unpacked the box and claim that an antenna wasn't included. We were just going to use it for Video games, but if we can watch some over the air shows, why not.
Yeah, most all TVs are not included with antennas. Try a set of bunny ears type antenna if you have one. If not, Radio Shack or Best Buy have them for about $10.00. I'd enter your information in at TV Fool and make sure you're less than 20 miles from broadcast towers first. If you are, bunny ears should work just fine.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
When you connect the antenna, make sure you switch from the analog TV tuner to the digital tuner before you do a channel scan. This should get you going in the correct direction. Post back if you have any more questions.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
When you connect the antenna, make sure you switch from the analog TV tuner to the digital tuner before you do a channel scan. This should get you going in the correct direction. Post back if you have any more questions.
Good call, forgot about that.