Says my single family residence is a "business" Coupon Application & appeal denied

Says my single family residence is a "business" Coupon Application & appeal denied

I only have over the air TV.
My application for 2 convertor box coupons was denied.
"Group homes & businesses not eligible."
My appeal was denied.
"You have provided no new information."

I have lived alone since 2001 in a single family residence on a block that is "zoned residential." My property tax bill also says "single family residence."

My house has never BEEN a business.

How do I prove a negative? What program/information are they using that TELLS them I'm a business when I'm not? What PROOF do they want that I'm applying for myself in a single family residence ?

BOTTOM LINE:
HOW DO I GET MY CONVERTOR BOX COUPONS?

Suggested souloutions only--please. Thanks

I only have over the air TV.
My application for 2 convertor box coupons was denied.
"Group homes & businesses not eligible."
My appeal was denied.
"You have provided no new information."

I have lived alone since 2001 in a single family residence on a block that is "zoned residential." My property tax bill also says "single family residence."

My house has never BEEN a business.

How do I prove a negative? What program/information are they using that TELLS them I'm a business when I'm not? What PROOF do they want that I'm applying for myself in a single family residence ?

BOTTOM LINE:
HOW DO I GET MY CONVERTOR BOX COUPONS?

Suggested souloutions only--please. Thanks
send them a copy of the tax receipt and see if that helps

Same problem here. my mobile home is labeled a 'business' incorrectly. they're getting their 'data', from the USPS by address-lookup. if it is a homeowner's association, apartment complex (where landlord lives on-site) or a mobile home court/trailer park, it will misidentify it as that. i haven't yet heard of anyone, including me, who's had the same problem who's had any solution yet. i think you *May* have to contact the USPS and let them know what's right and what's not as i don't think you can blame the Coupon Program.

I had the same problem changing my home address when i moved here, and the USPS denied the change on the same grounds, so i suspect it's at their end, not the FCC's. the way to get my mail was to do it the hard way and phone everyone and manually ask them to point my mail here.

If you have relatives who don't use OTA free tv, you can use their address for the coupons, sorry but that's the only way around this problem. although i've heard those who get coupons don't have any luck using them either.

Last edited: