Show Titles on Channel Guide "To Be Announced," 5 Calls to Tech Support, 1 Tech Out,

Show Titles on Channel Guide "To Be Announced," 5 Calls to Tech Support, 1 Tech Out,

I had cable TV installed in my apartment on 11/11/16 and the cable guide has NEVER fully loaded every title on every channel. About a third to half of the channels list "To Be Announced," instead, with no option to record them on the DRV.

I've tried every possible solution. I reset the DVR. Even after 12 hours, titles are TBA. I call tech support, and during the 30 minute call, they ask me to reset the box, then sent a signal to it. TBA. I called tech support again, another 30 minute call, they ask me to reset the box again, then send a signal to it again, still TBA.

The second phone tech tells me that I'm using a "legacy box" and that the technology is failing. He advises me to take my cable box to the store to switch it out for an X1 box. Suspicous, I ask him if that is going to cost anything extra.

"Absolutely not," he tells me. "It's the equipment we're using for cable. The tech should never have brought out a legacy box in the first place."

I haul myself to the cable store the next day, and the store manager tells me that I can't have an X1 box, because I'm not subscribing to internet (I already have it in my unit via another provider). The store manager gives me a different legacy box to swap out, and theorizes that other providers to my apartment complex might have vandalized Comcast's equipment. He schedules for a tech to come check things.

I take the new legacy box home. TBA after five hours. I call tech support, they ask me to reset it, they reset it themselves, TBA.

The tech comes out and inspects my apartment complex's telecom room and my unit. Everything is in perfect condition. He resets my box. TBA.

I call in to cancel my service and am transferred to the loyalty department, where I talk to Catina in the Colorado Springs office. During our 40 minute call they reset my box. Catina agrees to call me back to check if the guide has loaded after a few hours, but I can't be available, so we schedule an appointment for the next morning at 9:25 AM PST. She never calls me the entire day.

I call back and ask for her in the loyalty department, and I'm transferred to someone whom I have to tell this entire story to over again.

Look. I want the technology Comcast has provided to work. Old, failing technology should not even be offered to customers, nor should services that require bundling to function properly. Do not offer cable TV services if the cable TV services do not function without subscribing to internet, as well.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if a Comcast representative would like to contact me, it would be very appreciated.

This question, "Show Titles on Channel Guide "To Be Announced," 5 Calls to Tech Support, 1 Tech Out, No Solutions," is about XFinity-Comcast TV television equipment.

For other news regarding Show Titles on Channel Guide "To Be Announced," 5 Calls to Tech Support, 1 Tech Out, No Solutions, and XFinity - Comcast television equipment, see our recommended stories below.