Shows that only you seemed to like

Aries

DTVUSA Member
One cartoon that I liked years ago was Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea. It was a French cartoon in the late-80's, and I seem to be the only person on God's green earth that remembers it. I don't remember much, but I do remember some blue guys saying that someone flying away was against nature, and thus, didn't happen. That, and the female lead was called like, the metageophysical girl, or something to that effect.

What other obscure shows were you a fan of?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Automan

Was a huge fan of a very obscure 80's show called Automan.

Not only because it featured a glowing blue Lamborghini Countach but the whole premise of it was pretty cool. Kind of had a "Tron" feel to it.

Automan (the "Automatic Man") followed the adventures of a police officer and computer programmer named Walter Nebicher (Desi Arnaz, Jr.), who had created an artificially intelligent crime fighting program that generated a hologram[citation needed] (Chuck Wagner) able to leave the computer world and enter reality to help fight crime.
While in the real world, Automan posed as a government agent who helped Walter by the name of "Otto J. Mann." This was a secret to all the regular characters, except Walter's close associate, Roxanne Caldwell (Heather McNair).

Automan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Jay, you watched Automan? lol That's cool Desi Arnaz Jr. was in that, wasn't he? I watched it.

I'm one of the 5 people on the planet who watched and loved Cop Rock plus the TV version of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
I was a big fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST 3000) back in grade school, and all of my friends thought I was a big nerd. I love to sit and poke fun at movies, so the whole idea behind MST3K and the way it worked was right up my alley. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4_XZ3FLHw[/YOUTUBE]

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Jay, you watched Automan? lol That's cool Desi Arnaz Jr. was in that, wasn't he? I watched it.

I'm one of the 5 people on the planet who watched and loved Cop Rock plus the TV version of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
It never really dawned on me that Desi Jr. was in it; now that I look at the wiki photo's he does bare a striking resemblance to his dad.

In the wiki article, they mention that the Automan's producer was so concerned about "plagerizing" Tron, that they hired one of the operating producers of the Tron movie.

My favorite thing about the show was that the Lamborghini Countach could corner or make a turn at an 90 degree angle; no matter how fast it was going. Made high speed pursuits and chases a breeze. ;)

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Like Tron? You know, I've never thought about Tron when I've thought about Automan, nor did I think about it when it aired originally. I can see commonalities I guess, but in truth, I don't even think they're similar; at least not in concept. Desi's character, whose name escapes me at the moment, didn't hop in the car and become the car or inside the car. Oh well.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
I was a big fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST 3000) back in grade school, and all of my friends thought I was a big nerd. I love to sit and poke fun at movies, so the whole idea behind MST3K and the way it worked was right up my alley. :)
I remember that show now, I used to watch it on Comedy Central years ago. I wouldn't mind them bringing it back. :)